Ep. 134 – Getting Into Hardware (Elecia White)
Originally posted on Code Newbie
This week, we followed up our conversation about embedded systems with a focus on getting into hardware as a whole. Elecia White gave us a tour of her hardware world, complete with stories of gadgets catching fire, the responsibility of creating life-saving ICU technology, and having fun with poopy robots.
- Codeland, CodeNewbie's conference - April 21 and 22 in NYC
- Chris Svec's Podcast Interview
- Threat Modeling
- Arduino UNO (Elecia)
- Hackaday.io (Elecia)
- SparkFun (Elecia)
- Adafruit (Elecia)
- Simone Giertz “Queen of Sh*tty Robots” (Saron)
- Art and code talk at Codeland by Samantha Nemeth (Saron)
- Scott + Saron: Raspberry Pi 3 unboxing, setup, and LED Moment! (Saron)
Author of O'Reilly's Making Embedded Systems and host of the Embedded podcast, Elecia White is an embedded software engineer who has worked on DNA scanners, inertial measurement units for airplanes and race cars, toys for preschoolers, a gunshot location system for catching criminals, and assorted other medical and consumer devices. She founded and currently runs Logical Elegance, a small consulting firm in California.