Ep. 106 – Open Sourcing Mental Health – Part II (Julia Nguyen)
Originally posted on Code Newbie
We continue our conversation with developer Julia Nguyen on her mental health journey, how it's affected her life as a programmer, and what unique product decisions she has to make for "if me," her mental health open source project.
- Udacity (sponsor)
- The Coding Bootcamp Book (sponsor)
- University of Waterloo
- if me
- Contributor Covenant (Julia)
- Sponsored Shoutout: Udacity (Saron)
- Sponsored Shoutout: The Coding Bootcamp Book (Saron)
- if me (Julia)
- Tessera Collective (Saron)
- Everybody Has A Brain (Julia)
- Ashley C. Ford's Twitter stream (Saron)
- OSMI Help (Saron)
Julia leads an open source project called "if me," a mental health community for people to open up to loved ones. She's also lead organizer of Southeast Asian Ladies in Tech, and a developer at Indiegogo.