Ep. 105 – Open Sourcing Mental Health – Part I (Julia Nguyen)
Originally posted on Code Newbie
Julia Nguyen was diagnosed with OCD when she was in high school. It took a long time for her to talk about it, but soon she was writing and giving talks on mental health. She's even created an open source project to help those dealing with mental illness. In this incredibly open and honest interview, she talks about her own struggles with mental health and how she hopes to help others through her open source project, "if me."
- Sponsored Shoutout: Pluralsight (Saron)
- Sponsored Shoutout: Linode (Saron)
- Sponsored Shoutout: Braintree (Saron)
- Tessera Collective (Julia)
- Everybody Has A Brain (Julia)
- Ashley C. Ford's Twitter stream (Saron)
- OSMI Help (Saron)
Julia leads an open source project called "if me," a mental health community for people to open up to loved ones. She's also lead organizer of Southeast Asian Ladies in Tech, and a developer at Indiegogo.